The role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network and applications. The role will also include project based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure both in our data centres and across our UK offices. The 3rd Line support analyst must have strong experience of technical troubleshooting and problem solving. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual might be required to be available for queries outside normal office hours. At least 4 to 5 years’ experience in a corporate IT team (working at 3rd line level) is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure: Active Directory, firewalls, switches and Exchange 2010+ / Office 365
* Administer software application and desktop operating system deployment.
* Monitor and troubleshoot server and network performance.
* Administer backup and disaster recovery processes.
* Maintain VMware vSphere 5.5 infrastructure and associated servers / storage arrays.
* Ensure documentation is kept up to date.
* Handle escalated calls from first/second line helpdesk.
* Maintenance and monitoring of SIEM tools.
Technical skills required:
* Excellent knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012.
* Good knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.5.
* Good knowledge of network technologies including configuration of firewalls, routers and switches (Cisco / Juniper / Meraki).
* MCSE/MCITP:Server Administrator or similar IT qualifications would be advantageous.
* Experience in iSCSI / SAN infrastructure
* Experience with SQL Server 2008+
* Experience in patch management and deployment.
* Well-presented and articulate person
* A self-motivated individual who can work well both alone and as part of a team.
* Willingness to assist junior members of the team.
* A strong interest in IT to keep up to date with current technologies.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
If you are intersted in the above experience and have the relevant experience please apply clicking the link below!
Job Reference: TT0657
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: PERM
Job Start Date: ASAP