£25,000 plus Benefits
Based – Reading, Berkshire (Outskirts)
Free parking, Onsite Gym, Great onsite restaurant and coffee shops
ManpowerGroup Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Manpower Inc, the world leader in the employment services industry, a $22 billion company offering a range of services for the entire employment cycle including contract, permanent, temporary recruitment, technical and non- technical outsourcing, outplacement, auditing, and consultancy.
We are the market leaders in MSP – the specialist outsourcing division of ManpowerGroup.
We now have an exciting role for a Recruitment Coordinator to join our small team based onsite at one of our clients on the outskirts and take responsibility for a specific section of the operational process and delivery of a managed service solution. You will be responsible for delivery and compliance and for ensuring a service driven culture as part of a fast paced, fun team.
Part of your role will be to account manage contractor vacancies through the end to end recruitment process on behalf of the client recruiting line managers. You will be responsible for ensuring that all vacancies are managed against set process steps, milestones and budgetary guidelines whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
You will lead on designated projects; resourcing/recruitment audits and implementation of resourcing/recruitment programmes. You will work and consult with clients to formulate and tailor new “value-add” propositions/projects and advise clients on aspects of recruitment and utilisation / optimisation of their workforce.
Furthermore, you will manage the Programme weekly Invoicing, ensuring correct submission for prompt payment to both TAPFIN and onwardly to the supplier.
- Responsible for developing strong client relationships with all levels of management, up to and including Manager level, creating high level relationships with recruiting line managers / business areas.
- Pro-active contractor recruitment planning with business managers.
- Manage the end to end recruitment process from authorisation, sourcing (via Preferred Suppliers), screening, offer and on-boarding. Ensure the selection, assessment and interview process is managed in a timely manner by the business.
- Responsible for candidate management, candidate experience and for promoting the client as an employer of choice at all time and via our suppliers.
- Building and developing client relationships to ensure productive and long-term relationships and exceptional standards of service delivery.
- Work Collaboratively with an established Preferred Suppliers List to ensure partnership and engagement at all times..
- Ensure compliance internally and externally at all stages of the recruitment process
- Supporting Programme Manager in achieving set KPI’s and SLA’s across the Programme including time to fill.
- Provide contractor recruitment specialist skills and knowledge that a client does not have in-house to enhance business performance and impact.
- Assemble and analyse data/facts available, to investigate and understand problems then consider a range of possible options
- Prepare weekly invoicing and obtain approvals to ensure prompt payment
- Assist and resolve invoice queries
- Experienced recruiter at all stage of the recruitment process – either In-house or agency
- Experience of working or recruiting within a Telecoms or IT discipline would be a distinct advantage
- Degree calibre
- CIPD or professional qualification an advantage but not essential
- Ideally have knowledge of the contractor recruitment process and related legislation
- Exceptionally strong relationship and influencing skills
- Plans ahead & organises both self and others effectively
- Manages priorities to achieve deadlines (internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly results focused
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Experience of working within an outsourcing / managed vendor resourcing environment an advantage but not essential
- Good presentation skills
- Self-starter – able to work independently off site and contribute as part of the TAPFIN team
- Experience of change management or of working in a change orientated environment – our client is fast moving and we sometimes have to work with ambiguity
- Knowledge of working with a Vendor Management System (VMS), Fieldglass would be ideal.
- Experience of a client facing role, including client stakeholder management and issue resolution
What’s In It for You?
Initially this is a temporary role but there may be permanent opportunities in the longer term
- Competitive basic salary (permanent employees also have access to additional bonus and benefits)
- Excellent coaching culture and Talent team.
- The opportunity to work with a busy, fun team where no day is the same!
If you are an driven individual, looking to develop your skills within the recruitment sector, we would love to hear from you. To apply or find out more call ……
Job Reference: TT1091
Salary: £21000 - £25000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Temp to Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP