Due to expansion we have an opportunity to join the world's leading Talent Solution provider as a Recruitment Account Manager
At ManpowerGroup our ambition is to lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work. We connect more than 600,000 people every day to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world. Working for us means you'll be part of a family of brands, each uniquely positioned to address different talent challenges.
Who will you be working with?
TAPFIN, ManpowerGroup Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Manpower Inc, the world leader in the employment services industry, a $22 billion company offering a range of services for the entire employment cycle including contract, permanent, temporary recruitment, technical and non- technical outsourcing, outplacement, auditing, and consultancy.
So, what will you be doing?
The Programme Professional will be involved in stages throughout an end to end recruitment process for contingent labour on behalf of the clients recruiting line managers. They will be responsible for ensuring that all emails and queries are answered promptly or raised to the appropriate team member. Vacancies are managed against set process steps which the Programme Professional will be involved in, respecting milestones and budgetary guidelines, therefore ensuring customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, you will lead on designated projects, resourcing and recruitment audits. Implementation of resourcing and recruitment programmes. You will work and consult with clients to formulate and tailor new "value-add" propositions and projects. You will be consultative and provide advice to clients on aspects of recruitment, utilisation, and optimisation of staff.
The role is predominantly working remotely, however going forward will require one day a week based in MANCHESTER
Client Relationship Management
- Responsible for developing strong client relationships with all levels of management creating high level relationships with recruiting line managers / internal experienced professional recruiters
- Manage the end to end recruitment process from authorisation, on-boarding
- Responsible for all candidate management, candidate experience and for promoting the client as an employer of choice.
- Building and developing client relationships to ensure productive and long-term relationships and exceptional standards of service delivery.
- Ensure compliance internally and externally at all stages of the recruitment process
- Managing end to end process and onboarding for pre-identified candidates
- Provide specialist skills and knowledge that a client does not have in-house to enhance performance.
- Assemble and analyse data/facts available, to investigate and understand problems then consider a range of possible options
- What are we looking for?
- CIPD, CCWP or professional qualification an advantage but not required
- Exceptionally strong relationship and influencing skills
- Plans ahead & organises both self and others effectively
- Manages priorities to achieve deadlines (internal and external)
- Highly results focused
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Extensive experience- recruitment / resourcing background (preferably in outsourcing / managed vendor resourcing environment)
- Strong commercial focus
- Experience of a client facing role, including client stakeholder management and issue resolution
- Able to work independently off site and contribute as part of our clients' team
- Ability to write detailed documents including project plans, process documents, and client proposals
- Experience of change management or of working in a change orientated environment
- Experience of working with e-Recruitment and VMS technology
- Not afraid of conflict and experience of conflict resolution
What's in it for you?
- A great range of flexible benefits including bonus
- Excellent culture (we operate in a high-performance culture where our employees are trusted to work autonomously and with NO Micromanagement)
- Work for a business that's been voted the World's most ethical business for 12 years running
- A fantastic career path with access to hundreds of career opportunities across ManpowerGroup each year
- The opportunity to be work with the world's leading Talent Solutions provider.
At ManpowerGroup, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
ManpowerGroup are a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, for our commitment to helping those with disabilities into employment. Level 3 Leader status is an external validation of our commitment to supporting those with disabilities to obtain and retain meaningful employment.
As an organisation, we want to meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the government's thriving at work report. We recognise creating cultural changes in an organisation is a complex task that requires a multi-tiered approach, which is why we have trained over 50 Mental Health First Aiders within our organisation to make a positive difference to our workforce.
If you feel you require any reasonable adjustments to apply for a vacancy at ManpowerGroup UK or its affiliated brands, please email or speak directly to your Talent Acquisition Business Partner.