Data and Reporting Specialist - Hybrid Working - Coventry
At ManpowerGroup our ambition is to lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work. We connect more than 600,000 people every day to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world. Working for us means you'll be part of a family of brands, each uniquely positioned to address different talent challenges.
So, what will you be doing?
As the Data Analyst you will be aligned to a one of ManpowerGroup's most prestigious clients- a global automotive business. In this role you will report to the Account Director who has overall responsibility for Compliance, Governance, Disaster Recovery, Contractual SLA & KPI management, reporting and the operational delivery of the account.
You will play a key role in proving and producing data and reporting that will support and help manage the account performance and operational excellence.
Analysis of the End to End recruitment process
- Interpret data to analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing performance reporting on all aspects of the recruitment process
- Measure performance against SLAs
- Produce pipeline reports, weekly dashboards and monthly/ quarterly reviews.
- Deliver effective, clear & concise reporting, whilst constantly reviewing how we report to the client.
- Identify trends and future hiring patterns; weekly/Quarterly/Annual demand forecasting
- Produce Monthly Attraction spend analysis against quarterly Banding
- Provide daily, weekly recruitment reports inclusive of source to Hire analysis
- Weekly/Quarterly/Annual demand forecasting
- Invoice Management
- Compile monthly billing for Account Director
- Liaise with Account Payable to ensure POs and invoices align
- Continually review process to look for insights
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in data/SLAs to support the management in identifying efficiencies and performance issues and improvements
- Filter and clean data correcting issues where identified to ensure reporting accuracy
- Partner with finance/SEBS to ensure accurate forecasting
- Create and present innovative reporting and analysis to support QBR's
- Regular liaison with programme management team to provide adhoc analysis as and when required
- To be a point of contact for reporting and information queries from the client, responding efficiently, proactively seeking resolutions and escalating and highlighting issues to management team early when required
- Utilise data to drive and implement operational excellence throughout the account
- Support with project-based recruiting to identify trends and future data requirements
- Identify and lead global alignment within reporting across the account
Please click apply now for immediate consideration!