Head of Region - Recruitment - OTE £80k - £100k+
We are looking for an experienced Head of Region, based in London to drive the recruitment performance and deliver profitability, by managing the London specialist teams.
The Head of Region role is ideal for someone with previous commercial recruitment experience within agency, as well as people management experience.
Reporting to: Operations Director
- Deliver, contribute and support corporate policies and strategies
- Ensure team adhere to Quality standards
- Initiate and implement and follow through innovations and changes to the region taking into account a changing market.
- Effective management of personal time planning and organisation to ensure region is covered effectively.
- Generate new ideas when tackling situations and making improvements to the business, exchanging these ideas with senior management throughout the company.
- Ensure the effective implementation and follow through of new projects or initiatives designed to improve business efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver a planned strategy for resourcing new business in a competitive environment
- Ensure branch staff achieve sales targets within corporate expectations
- Initiate and manage the proposal and tender process.
- Have a clear personal ownership and responsibility of GP target and delivery for new business acquisition
- Produce and deliver written and verbal presentations to clients
- Market and research projects to identify new business.
Maximising Sales with Existing Clients
- Develop and deliver planned strategy for retaining key accounts in core business areas
- Maintain regular contact with key clients to ensure full business potential is realised. Have a clear plan of action/GP targets to achieve
- In the event of a Key account issue/challenge prepare and deliver a plan of action/recovery.
- Monitor the quality of service to key clients to reduce vulnerability to competitor activity.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available
Training & Development
- Develop individual skills for existing and future needs of the business, promoting self-development.
- Ensure team at all levels are developed to achieve their maximum potential whilst also coaching them to build awareness of the strengths and development needs of their consultants utilising corporate resources.
- Maintain regular reviews to evaluative the effectiveness of training and support delivered.
- Agree challenging performance objectives and measures, providing regular coaching, feedback and honest assessment on achievement and taking timely action when appropriate.
- Deliver and be involved in the corporate induction program at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Ensure Succession Plans are in place for key members of staff across the region.
Compliance, Legal & HR
- Have a thorough understanding of current legislation and company TOB's.
- Support and train Perm Managers and consultants ensuring compliance is adhered to at all times.
- Complying with promoting and having a thorough understanding of the Company's Business Ethics and Standards of Excellence.
- Interpret, prepare and present financial information to prepare accurate forecasts, targets and results e.g. sales forecasts and cost analysis for annual business plan.
- Manage weekly performance of division through analysis of figures and deliver and follow up weekly action plan and review of monthly forecasts.
- Actively monitor and action appropriate cost controls to meet budgetary requirements.
- Manage staff headcount to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity in line with company targets.
- Monitor and communicate policies on pricing and have knowledge and be able to deliver complex pricing models to your customers.
- Ensure company's margin policy is managed and delivered to maximise margin potential on both temporary and permanent business within your region.
- Identify, communicate and action areas likely to affect operational profitability.
- Manage and take ownership for profitability at all levels within your region e.g., trigger points for extra headcount.
- Determine and communicate expected branch and individual performance, setting appropriate targets using appropriate motivation and incentives to exceed business goals and enhance teamwork.
- Effectively manage regional budgets
Staff Management & Retention
- Manage and take appropriate action to reduce staff turnover.
- Manage staffing levels at agreed budget and recruit in a timely manner to maximise efficiency and productivity, ensuring an up to date talent pool and pipeline of consultants is available.
- Ensure branches are staffed at appropriate levels and that suitable training and development is supplied to meet business needs.
- Conduct recruitment and selection interviews in line with company policy and develop Branch Managers recruitment technique.
- Adhere to HR processes, ensuring they are carried out in a timely manner e.g. web leavers/offer, exit interviews, disciplinary hearings, absence management.
Delivery of Exceptional Customer Service
- Manage and respond to client and candidate requirements, queries and complaints in a timely and professional manner and within corporate guidelines.
- Maintain and promote the delivery of a superior service for all clients and candidates. Making a positive first impression.
- Monitor pay and salary within the local market place to ensure competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate high level understanding and knowledge of the recruitment industry, and client's businesses.
Please click apply to be considered!