Purpose: To drive performance and deliver profitability in sales across core business areas ensuring adherence to corporate strategies. Setting the standards and direction in Operations ensuring constancy GP delivery.
Reporting to: Operations Director
- Generate new ideas when tackling situations and making improvements to the business, exchanging these ideas with senior management throughout the company.
- Ensure the effective implementation and follow through of new projects or initiatives designed to improve business efficiencies and effectiveness.
New Business Development
- Develop and deliver a planned strategy for resourcing new business in a competitive environment
- In the event of a Key account issue/challenge prepare and deliver a plan of action/recovery.
- Monitor the quality of service to key clients to reduce vulnerability to competitor activity.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available
- Training & Development
- Develop individual skills for existing and future needs of the business, promoting self-development.
- Ensure Branch Managers at all levels are developed to achieve their maximum potential whilst also coaching them to build awareness of the strengths and development needs of their consultants utilising corporate resources.
- Maintain regular reviews to evaluative the effectiveness of training and support delivered.
- Monitor the performance for each Branch Manager and consultants, by conducting regular and consistent performance reviews.
- Agree challenging performance objectives and measures, providing regular coaching, feedback and honest assessment on achievement and taking timely action when appropriate.
- Deliver regional workshops where necessary to drive performance of the business
- Deliver and be involved in the corporate induction program at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Ensure Succession Plans are in place for key members of staff across the region.
- Demonstrate a 'Role Model' approach to work leading by example in your day-to-day duties and through your own self development.
- Interpret, prepare and present financial information to prepare accurate forecasts, targets and results e.g. sales forecasts and cost analysis for annual business plan.
- Manage weekly performance of division through analysis of figures and deliver and follow up weekly action plan and review of monthly forecasts.
- Actively monitor and action appropriate cost controls to meet budgetary requirements.
- Manage staff headcount to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity in line with company targets
- Ensure company's margin policy is managed and delivered to maximise margin potential on both temporary and permanent business within your region.
- Identify, communicate and action areas likely to affect operational profitability.
Maximising Core Business
- Promoting Brook Street in the community by attending business community meetings/functions, involvement in local activities and initiatives.
- Maximise and maintain relationships with local organisations e.g. job centres, councils etc.
- Organise marketing and promotional activities designed to increase the company's profile.