The Manpower Group are a market leader in the professional staffing industry. Every year, we help 3.5million talented people make their next move.
Manpower UK work with organisations across the UK, supporting them to find the right talent for their businesses within a variety of skills sets, industries and markets. The majority of our business focuses on five core markets - Technical - Engineering, Driving and Logistics, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Contact Centres and Office/Administration. Within those markets, we handle as much or as little of the recruitment process as our clients need - from sourcing the right talent, to interviewing and supporting through the offer process. Working with some of the biggest brands in the UK, we are proud of our heritage and our brand, and are looking forward to growing our workforce to stay ahead of the game, ahead of our competition, and retain our reputation in the market as the #1 Global Leader in Professional Resourcing and Workforce Solutions.
So What's the Role?
We're looking for Recruiters that are looking for exposure to a major corporate brand, and the professional and personal benefits that come with that. As a Consultant, jump straight into one of our highly functioning teams, where you will lead by example and guide more junior associates. You may have an existing client base that you can start working straight away, or you may need to come in and learn and build a new market from scratch - either way we're there to support and guide you, with warm connections and candidates on our vast internal database.
Specialising in either permanent or temporary staffing, you will proactively identify and develop relationships with businesses that are looking to grow. You will work with them to identify top talent for their businesses, building relationships with current and future candidates. Using social media and other methods, you will keep in touch with and network around those candidate pools on a regular basis, ensuring Manpower are the talent destination of choice within their chosen markets. Working alongside our Partnerships team, you will determine key market pursuit strategies to ensure we complement the work done in our sales teams, ensuring a targeted and joined up route to market.
- Research, immerse in and become a true Subject Matter Expert in your chosen vertical by developing a good understanding of the potential client base, their industry, what they do, their strategies, their work culture and environment, and how they currently recruit
- Using sales, business development, marketing and networking techniques to position Manpower as a supplier of choice within those organisations, winning new business and building your portfolio of clients to ensure a strong ongoing pipeline
- Developing multiple relationships within existing clients to ensure growth of opportunities and to ensure we're building strong and lasting relationships
- Using social media to conduct market research, identify and engage with clients, advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with those candidates and employers
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable passive talent who are already employed
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and short-listing candidates for the client
- Qualifying candidates and checking their suitability before submitting their details to the client
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants
- Organising interviews and providing feedback
- Salary and rate negotiation
- Offering market information to both clients and candidates on salaries, pay rates, training and career progression
- Working towards and exceeding targets
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes
- Leading by example, supporting the more junior associates with the recruitment lifecycle
- Working in line with required compliancy guidelines
Who are we looking for?
Manpower's biggest asset is our people. Therefore hiring the right people into our business is hugely important. Whilst experience in one of our key markets is valuable, we're interested in people that demonstrate the aptitude and ability to deal with the fast paced and diverse industry we work in. We've identified key attributes that we know are demonstrated by top performers within our business:
- Drive and determination
- Growth Mindset
Profile for Success
We want you to reach your personal best, and we will do everything we can to help. That's why we have created Profiles for Success for all our roles. You need to know what success looks like in your role and how we'll invest in you to ensure you get there. From on the job coaching, observation and support to online and classroom training, tip sheets, structured development plans and internal development sites, we've got it covered. Please see the Profile for Success for this role to see what your future career looks like with Manpower.