RECRUITMENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
Tapfin is a ManpowerGroup business dedicated to connecting talented individuals with businesses across all industries. Working with over 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day, Tapfin combines local knowledge and personal insight with global resources to ensure maximum access to professional opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for to work as a Recruitment Account Manager (internally known as a Programme Professional) for London Stock Exchange Group, one of Tapfin's key strategic clients. You will account manage the contingent worker workforce and outsourced requirements through the appropriate end to end engagement process on behalf of the client recruiting Managers.
Furthermore, you will lead and/or support on designated projects; recruitment audits and implementation of recruitment programmes. You will work and consult with clients to formulate and tailor new "value-add" propositions / projects and advise clients on aspects of recruitment and utilisation / optimisation of their workforce. This role bridges the gap between business needs, business wants and service delivery. By instilling a professional set of values, attitudes and standards you will drive up service levels, ensuring that the business and the team know what great looks like. Your role will include but not be limited to
- Responsibility for developing strong client relationships with all levels of management, up to and including Director level, creating high level relationships with recruiting line managers / business areas.
- Pro-active contractor recruitment planning with hiring managers
- Manage the end to end recruitment process from sourcing via LSEG approved supply chain, screening & interviews management, offers and on-boarding. Ensure the selection, assessment and interview process is managed in a timely manner by the business
- Responsible for candidate management, candidate experience and for promoting the client as an employer of choice at all time and via our suppliers.
- Ensure compliance internally and externally at all stages of the recruitment process; achieve set KPI's and SLA's
- Manage an established Preferred Suppliers List to ensure partnership and engagement at all times.
- First point of contact for all issues within the programme; ensuring timely issue resolution that arise as part of the day to day operations, acting as a liaison among all parties and escalating to management as appropriate
- Contributes to monthly review meetings with the Recruitment Programme Manager, and assisting to create meaningful commentary and agreed recovery measures are actioned.
- Assist in additional tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the programme as and when required; including special Projects as needed and any other Adhoc duties as assigned by manager
Key skills and experience
- Experienced recruiter at all stage of the recruitment process - either In-house or agency.
- Ideally have knowledge of the contingent worker and statement of work process and related legislation
- Exceptionally strong relationship and influencing skills
- Plans ahead & organises both self and others effectively, manages priorities to achieve deadlines (internal and external)
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly results focused
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Self-starter - able to work independently off site and contribute as part of the TAPFIN team
- Experience of managing suppliers / third party agencies
- Knowledge of working with e-Recruitment and Vendor Management System (VMS) technology
- Experience of a client facing role, including client stakeholder management and issue resolution