Recruitment Delivery Manager
At ManpowerGroup our ambition is to lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work. We connect more than 600,000 people every day to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world. Working for us means you'll be part of a family of brands, each uniquely positioned to address different talent challenges.
The Recruitment Delivery Manager will be responsible for a team of Consutltant's, driving the end to end staffing of external and internal candidates, on behalf of one of ManpowerGroups most prestigious clients; a well-known, multinational automotive company.
As RDM you will proactively partner with the HR teams and key client stakeholders to understand their recruitment forecast and to create effective sourcing strategies to meet this demand.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Operations Manager, Senior Business Stakeholders and HR to understand recruitment demand and provide updates and summaries of recruiting progress and activity
- Support Client with overall recruitment strategies, providing market intel/insights to drive out to market approaches
- Monitor all workflow processes and ensure they are enhanced where applicable
- Ensure the compliance and governance of the contract and SLA's are delivered and maintained
- Manage and populate of key stakeholder maps
- Identifying and implementing sourcing strategies based upon the job position by creatively conducting research and/or utilising a multitude of resources
- Document research methods so they may be shared with other recruiting team members
- Manage the team to develop an ongoing and diverse pipeline using research, networking, database mining, etc
- Manage referral sources and PSL performance
- Work with Candidate Attraction team to design and implement campaigns
- Utilise off site ManpowerGroups Core team and candidate attraction methods for external hiring only
- Drive candidate satisfaction and ensure all candidates are screened, tested, and interviewed effectively to maintain SLA's
- Proven experience of managing a team through effective coaching, people management and leadership
- Managing senior stakeholders through various communication methods
- Focused on driving continuous improvement opportunities within team and across the wider Manpower business
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key decision makers
- Ability to create and drive effective and innovative sourcing channels with a pro-active approach to identify and attract key talent
- Understanding of recruiting SLA's ensuring effective operational excellence is delivered
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to build effective relationships with candidates and clients
- Ability to understand, analyse, and interpret business requirements and information i.e. demand plans, attraction channels, market insights
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions / escalations from clients, hiring managers and candidates
- Strong working knowledge of interviewing techniques to determine qualification level, cultural fit etc.
- Strong understanding of HR policies/ procedures and employment law / practices
At ManpowerGroup, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
ManpowerGroup are a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, for our commitment to helping those with disabilities into employment. Level 3 Leader status is an external validation of our commitment to supporting those with disabilities to obtain and retain meaningful employment.
As an organisation, we want to meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the government's thriving at work report. We recognise creating cultural changes in an organisation is a complex task that requires a multi-tiered approach, which is why we have trained over 50 Mental Health First Aiders within our organisation to make a positive difference to our workforce.
If you feel you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for a vacancy at ManpowerGroup UK or its affiliated brands please email or speak directly to your Talent Acquisition Business Partner.