Forget pigeon-holed resourcing or reading robotic sales scripts; you change people's careers, and you change people's lives. This is a hunting role, packing a punch with the variety and dynamism of 360 recruitment.
Working in a proactive and productive way, our London consultants are all about the candidate. Registering some of the best talent in the market, our consultants are dedicated in providing a high class service to our candidates, and finding them a role tailored to them.
Life as a recruiter at Brook Street is seriously rewarding - both emotionally and financially. Our business is crammed full of experts with decades of experience, balanced by a plethora of new stars.
An unrivalled opportunity awaits you: we're on track to double our staff and turnover by the end of 2023. Brook Street is part of the ManpowerGroup, a $22bn global organisation and world leader in workforce solutions. Since Brook Street opened its doors over 75 years ago, we've grown into one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies − matching thousands of people with meaningful job opportunities at hundreds of companies every year.
Why not have the best of both worlds? Enjoy the warmth and security that a global business with financial firepower brings, whilst also experiencing a boutique agency family environment with a thriving team spirit. You'll receive unparalleled training and support, whilst having the opportunity to be part of a journey - building and establishing our presence via new markets and approaches.
What we need…
- Individuals who can proactively think and plan; mapping out the best routes to market and providing valuable, rewarding specs
- Consultative nature - we need individuals who will work closely with candidates to make sure they are up to date with market insight & relevant opportunities as well as support them through a recruitment process
- Experience as a recruitment consultant, growing and developing a permanents desk would be beneficial but equally, customer service facing roles are great!
- Endurance, adaptability, and drive - to succeed, but also the resilience to bounce back from setbacks
- People skills! You'll have the ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ambition, curiosity and a solution focused attitude
- Persuasive personality with strong communication skills
What you'll be doing…
Engaging all sorts of interesting and talented professionals, you'll enjoy the versatility of candidate registrations; really getting under the skin of our talented workforce.
Candidate marketing, consultative conversations and of course, managing client relationships alongside the rewarding journey from CV submission through to job offers and onboarding.
Recruitment is the art of asking good questions, engaging people, and conveying the right information to the right people at the right time. This is no bus timetable approach to working life. You'll be comfortable working autonomously, ready to crack on, and eager to make things happen.
Your Future at Brook Street…
- A boutique agency family feel, within a global organisation
- Huge money-earning potential and career progression opportunities
- Up to 45% Commission
- A standout, tailored programme for your learning and development
- One-to-one shadowing with recruiters winning international clients and roles in bulk
- Potential for remote working and flexible hours where available
- Lunch clubs, duvet days, and other team competitions
- Annual target-hitters trip
- 22 days' annual leave (rising with service) plus bank holidays
Click apply, submitting an up-to-date CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
At ManpowerGroup, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
ManpowerGroup are a Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, for our commitment to helping those with disabilities into employment. Level 3 Leader status is an external validation of our commitment to supporting those with disabilities to obtain and retain meaningful employment.
As an organisation, we want to meet the recommended core standards for a healthy workplace as set out for all employers in the government's Thriving At Work Report. We recognise creating cultural changes in an organisation is a complex task that requires a multi-tiered approach, which is why we have trained over 50 Mental Health First Aiders within our organisation to make a positive difference to our workforce.